Please see below for the details on the legal counsel position at my office. The link for the County to apply is https://www.jacksongov.org/Jobs. Thank you!
Department: Public Administrator
Salary: Depending on Qualifications
· Responsible for all aspects of legal consultation, analysis and representation of the Public Administrator in his capacity as fiduciary in guardianship/conservatorship, minors', and decedents' estates (currently approximately 1200 estates).
· Position requires significant time in a courtroom setting and a high degree of advocacy to medical, social work, and legal professionals.
· Staff attorneys maintain a large case load and can expect to manage their estates through all aspects of estate administration and will provide guidance to paralegals, bookkeepers, and a property manager on topics including fiduciary responsibility, accounting, public benefits, probate claims and litigation.
· Must have Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
· Must be a member of the Missouri Bar Association.
· Minimum of two years of experience.
· Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen/background check.
Real Estate Transactional Associate Attorney
Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, LLC, (BSCR) a litigation boutique of 140 employees, has an opportunity in our transportation/trucking practice group for an associate with at least three years’ experience in all phases of defense litigation.
The ideal candidate must be licensed in Missouri and Kansas, have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong advocacy skills.
Work Environment: At BSCR, we value work/life integration, professional development and maintaining a great place to work. We strive for a welcoming work environment for all employees and encourage diverse candidates to apply.
· Manages file throughout litigation process.
· Assist with fact investigation.
· Assist with document production.
· Assist attorneys in deposition preparation.
· Review and summarize medical records.
· Assist in juror research.
· Assist with court hearing preparation.
· Trial preparation and attendance.
Baker Sterchi offers competitive compensation and benefit packages, including 401K matching and remote work opportunities. An open and accepting community, committed to diversity within its family, and within the legal community as a whole, we strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates.
About Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, LLC
For over 40 years, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice LLC has provided services in the areas of appellate, commercial, complex (class action and multi-district), cyber liability/privacy and data breach, employment and labor, financial services, insurance defense and coverage, medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, professional and management liability, and toxic and mass tort litigation.
With offices in Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice attorneys practice throughout the United States serving national, regional and local companies and professionals in a variety of industries including the arts, banking, construction, consumer products and services, entertainment, food and beverage, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, leisure, medical device, pharmaceutical, propane, retail, and transportation (aviation, automotive, railroad, recreational, and trucking) industries. For more information, visit www.bscr-law.com.